- 5 bd
The Best Protection You Can Get When Buying Land or a Home in Northern Virginia is a Great Buyer’s Agent…
Buying real estate in Northern Virginia property can be a big investment.
You’ve been searching online for properties, maybe for months. Pulling up Zillow or Realtor.com is probably a daily habit by now and you’ve seen lots of properties come and go since you started searching.
Now you’re ready to get serious, right? This is where it becomes critical to work with the right Northern Virginia real estate agent.
But, how do you know if you’ve found the right agent, and why does it even matter?
Well, you could work with your friend who has a real estate license. If your friend has several years’ experience, a proven track record, good references, and knowledge of the specific market and types of properties you’re looking at, then this could be a good option.
But, the fact is, all real estate agents are NOT created equal. Working with the wrong buyer’s agent in Northern Virginia could cause you to…
- Lose the property to another buyer because of an ill-prepared offer. Details, deadlines, and organizational skills are HUGE when it comes to getting offers accepted. Your agent also needs to know what a competitive offer looks like in the specific market you’re considering. What are the standard contingencies? How much should you offer as a deposit? How quickly are other buyers closing?
- Pay too much for a house based on emotion vs. solid facts. If you’re totally in love with a house and your agent doesn’t know the market, he will not be able to stop you from over-paying for the house.
- Be late getting into new listings because your agent works part-time around a day job. If your agent takes his business seriously, he shouldn’t need a day job. You will become frustrated if your agent is not available to give you his undivided attention.
- Miss out on an amazing property because it was a “For Sale By Owner” or private sale, and the agent isn’t experienced dealing with those types of sellers (or finding those properties).
First time buying a home?
Awesome! Here’s a short video that explains the entire Northern Virginia home buying process from start to finish. Buying a home can be stressful, but knowing what to expect can make the experience much more enjoyable.
What are the 5 most common reasons people struggle to buy a home in Northern Virginia?
- Not getting pre-approved for a loan. If you really want to set yourself apart from the competition, don’t just get pre-qualified, get pre-approved. This means the lender has reviewed your credit history, verified your income, and approved you for a specific loan amount.
- Not having sufficient funds to close. A lot of people only think about the cash needed for the down payment and forget about the additional closing costs. As a rule of thumb, expect to pay 2-3% of the purchase price in closing costs.
- Having too much debt. Generally speaking, monthly debt payments should add up to no more than 33% of your monthly income.
- Applying for a new furniture credit line before settlement. Taking on new debt before settlement can jeopardize your home loan. Don’t do it!
- Unrealistic expectations (i.e. shopping for a dream home). Smart buyers shop for a home they can afford in a place they’re comfortable living. Build equity in your first home and use it to buy a bigger and better home in the future.
Want to learn more about these 5 home buying mistakes? Watch the video below!
Did you know? My commission is paid by the seller, so buyer representation costs you nothing!
The vast majority of today’s home buyers begin their search on the internet, but you still need an agent who will…
- Provide local market data and analytics to help you make an informed decision.
- Help you craft a strong offer that protects your interests and maximizes your chances of getting an offer accepted in today’s competitive market.
- Give you space to breathe but be available to show you properties on a moment’s notice.
- Go out of his way to find you off-market opportunities if you can’t find the right property on the open market.
- Introduce you to reputable lenders and home inspectors to make your home buying experience simple and hassle free.
Yes! I Want To Work With Jonathan Kennedy!
Fill out the short form below or give me a call at 202-750-4050. Tell me a bit about what you’re looking for so I can best help you buy your next Northern Virginia property.